Wednesday 5 March 2008

It's 6th Mar 08



If you are not working and you are not a student, you can open a bank account here, with a list of thing you must have handy and it's different between bank to bank and branch to branch. For me myself, at last, I can open a bank account with NatWest Harbourne, Birmingham in the University Centre. They just need a bill statement under my name.



The procedure is like this (my version)



Went to the counter, and ask nicely, can you help me to open a new bank account? Then the teller smile at me and said yes. What do you have? I bring a copy of tenancy agreement and a passport.



Then she gave me a form and explained to me what to do and she also need a utility bill under my name. I didn't bring the utility bill. Suddently (hi hi hi tiba tiba), I remember that I put my utility bill in my wife bag yesterday, when I can't open an account at Lloyd TSB. Then I sms my wife, please call urgent, as I don't have a credit (prepaid phone, it's been no credit since 2 weeks ago)



Then my wife came and I submit the form. Actually, before I came to NatWest, I went to Lloyd Tsb again, because they ask me to bring the tenancy agreement under my name. The older teller strictly said "NO" to the younger one, whom I submit it to, because, it's not an original one. I'm very tired walking about 5 miles that day. I just lost hope, when I ended up to try my luck at NatWest. The very nice teller at NatWest counter told me with smile, we have process your aplication, and wait for a latter from us in 2-3 weeks time. W W W What ? ? ? 2-3 weeks time?



She said yupp, probably sooner. Hi hi hi , awwwww ! ! ! I couldn't believe it, I can have an account ready with internet banking for about 1 hour back in my beloved country MALAYSIA.



Well the next day, I received a letter from NatWest telling me my detail of my account. They will send me my card in a couples of days. I choose to have an Islamic Banking.



I need a bank account. It's much esier for me to do transactions. It's a compulsory to have a bank account to activate paypal account. We use paypal account more secure in internet banking, ebays, and mamy more.



Back to my sales, it's getting better day after day. But today I'm a bit upset, because the shortage of money that I suppose to have in my sales become bigger and today is the most. I don't know how, but I do know that there are peoples who are enjoying doing it, take the food and not pay the money or just go there and siply took the money from the cash box. It's not a good lesson to them, and I think, I must tell them to stop doing it. I hope I do the right thing. But I feel pity to those who are commited and honest.



Few days ago, I have a feedback from one of our Malaysian Student, she/he (I don't met them, I just found a piece of paper in the cash box), wrote that the chicken seems to have a blood. I was told during student life, one of the hikmah of "sembelih" in Islam is that, all of the blood were flushed from the chicken body, as a result, there is no blood when we cook the chicken. I bought the chicken from "NATIONAL HALAL CENTRE". I have no comment.



Yesterday, wa bought the chicken from East and West, he promise me if the chicken got blood when we cook it, then I can send all the chicken back to them. Luckily, there are no blood during cooking

Mak was upset, but she told me, Insya Allah there must be a good thing behind it. She perform sholat hajat to tell us what to do. The next morning, I write a note:

Salam Brothers and Sisters

Thank you for supporting me in providing an alternative HALAL Malaysian food for you and thank you for being honest to yourself and to Allah swt.

Lately, I have been getting less payment than what I’m supposed to get, almost everyday. There are people who are taking the food without paying them. I really hope that this will not happen again in future. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.



Jazza Kallahukhairan ..


That day and the days after, Alhamdulillah, I received what I supposed to received, and at some time I do received more than what I supposed to received. Maybe, that's for the shortage one

No comments:

Prayer Times For 6 Million Cities Worldwide
Country:

TQ